Changing the Correspondent Name

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved.

We sponsor two children so that our children can have letter writing relationships with them. How do I remove my name from the letters, so that my daughter's name can be on one sponsorship and my son's name on the other?
Photo of Jill DeRaad

Jill DeRaad

  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

  • 1
Photo of Sierra

Sierra, Employee

  • 1341 Posts
  • 167 Reply Likes
Hi Jill! I would be happy to assist you today. In order to switch the correspondent name from your name to your son's and daughter's, we would need to create a new account for each of them. For tax purposes, we would keep you listed as the financial supporter, but your son and daughter would then be in charge of writing to each of the children. In order for this change to take place, would you please call us at (800) 336-7676 or email us at with the following information: your son's and daughter's name and contact information, which child you would like to correspond with each sponsored child, as well as your sponsor number? We ask that you send us this information privately, as this is a public forum. Thank you so much!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.