How are funds distributed?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
In the description of the funds, it says that 80% goes to children/families with the most needs. Why doesn’t it go to the child I am sponsoring? I didn’t sign up for my money to go into a slush fund. Also, what EXACTLY happens to the remaining 20%? That’s a lot of money when combined (as stated happens) with other sponsors’ money. Thank you
Photo of teresa domingos

teresa domingos

  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Mackenzie

Mackenzie, Employee

  • 149 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Teresa! Thank you so much for reaching out to us! When you sponsor a child, 80% of your donation goes directly to your sponsored child. The other 20% is used for administrative cost and new sponsorship materials (such as printing child packets for events). Our fund donations work a bit differently. These donations are distributed on a most needed basis throughout our program. These funds are often used to supplement different programs that we offer or help support the children who do not have sponsors yet. However, your monthly donation of $38 will always go to your child when you sponsor.