How do I change the sponsor name from one person to another?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: case resolved

My church youth group sponsored a child but can not keep up the payments. I have agreed to take over this for them. The account has been edited to reflect my information but the sponsor name should be changed to my name instead of the original sponsor. How can I do this. The original name was Christian Lightfoot, #07769323.
Photo of Phyllis Mills

Phyllis Mills

  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Sarah

Sarah, Official Rep

  • 5223 Posts
  • 1137 Reply Likes
Hi Phyllis! For tax purposes, we won't be able to simply change the name on the account from Christian's to yours. We would need to create a completely new account, but we would also need to confirm this change with Christian before moving the child to an account in your name. Please have Christian email us at in order to confirm. Thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.