I cannot commit to the full $38 a month for my child, is there an option to pay a partial amount?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no response

I am moving into my first apartment and can no longer financially support my child, is there a a way I can pay partially?
Photo of Samuel Beam

Samuel Beam

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Sarah

Sarah, Official Rep

  • 5220 Posts
  • 1137 Reply Likes
Hi Samuel! We are able to reduce a sponsorship rate temporarily for up to 5 months. Regrettably, we are not able to permanently reduce a sponsorship rate. If you aren't able to commit to the full $38 a month long term, I would actually suggest placing the child back up for sponsorship. You could continue to impact children living in poverty by donating towards one of our funds, like HIV, Highly Vulnerable Children, or our Unsponsored Children fund. The great thing about donating towards one of our funds is that you can set the donation amount as low as $1 a month. It's much easier to tailor an amount that will work for you this way. If you are interested in giving towards a fund, you can find out more information about them here: https://www.compassion.com/ways-to-donate.htm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.