Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.
I need some clarification on sending small gifts to my sponsored child. I have some very specific questions and am unable to find answers here or on compassion's site.
- Can the required personal letter say something as simple as "Dear [child name], I hope you are doing well! Love, [my name]"?
- Can I send multiple 6-sheet gifts to Compassion in Colorado at the same time? As an example: Can I send 1 large envelope to compassion that has within it 3 individual envelopes each with 6-sheet gifts, so there will be 18 sheets (3 separate 6-sheet gifts) total in the envelope to Compassion?
- I want to send my child some sheets of stickers that are smaller than 8.5” x 11". Can I tape the sticker sheets to an 8.5” x 11" sheet of paper in a single layer so she will receive more stickers at a time? As an example: Can I tape 3 sticker sheets flat to a piece of plain white 8.5” x 11" paper so the 6-sheet gift will include a personal letter and five 8.5” x 11" pieces of paper with 3 sticker sheets taped to each one for a total of 15 sticker sheets?
- Does a personal letter written in a greeting card (that isn't musical or pop up) count as 1 or 2 sheets of paper (since it's folded)?
- If I send stickers to my child and include a personal letter written in a greeting card, will the original greeting card be scanned AND physically sent with the stickers to my child?
- I want to send my child pages from a book that need to be kept in order. Can I staple the 5 sheets together so Compassion knows which order to scan them?
- "Bookmark" is a fairly generic term because there are so many different kinds, sizes, shapes, materials, etc. How does compassion know that a thing I'm sending (that isn't stickers or a musical card) is a bookmark to physically send rather than scan?