My husband just served me divorce papers, should I tell my sponsored child?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: case resolved

My husband just served me divorce papers and I'm going to be moving to a new space. My sponsored child knows that I was married and will from time to time ask me about our relationship, what would be the most respectful and appropriate way to possibly discuss this with her? Or should I even bring it up at all?
Photo of Emily Anne Krieg

Emily Anne Krieg

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Andrea Watt

Andrea Watt

  • 130 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Divorce happens in other countries too. Or sometimes one parent just up and disappears. I would explain simply and reassure them that you are going to be alright. They'll be worried about you and they can offer you prayer. It's a way that they can support you and they will feel better that they can help in some way.
Photo of Susan


  • 7386 Posts
  • 1591 Reply Likes
Emily, I am so sorry to hear that happened to you, and pray that God is healing your heart. I would recommend that you say just as much as you feel comfortable. What you have said above would be fine to share in a letter. As Andrea mentioned, sadly, this happens everywhere and I'm sure your sponsored child would love to have something specific to pray for you about. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.