Where does each dollar of my money go?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: over 3 months, no activity

I pay $38 per month for my child. His family needs a cow. Why can't this money be used towards that? Seems like things would be cheaper in a 3rd world country like his.
~Mark Kircher~
Photo of Mark Kircher

Mark Kircher

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Susan

Susan

  • 7386 Posts
  • 1591 Reply Likes
I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated that your monthly support cannot be used to purchase a cow for your child's family. However, I'm happy to explain exactly where your money is going! 

We release children from poverty in Jesus' name by addressing the four areas of holistic
child development - physical,
spiritual, educational, and social. Your sponsorship ($38 per month and
regular child letters) allows the staff of E.E.A.R. Gafumba Student Center (RW961) to provide your sponsored child with Bible teaching, health screenings,
physical exercises, hygiene and nutrition education, field trips, opportunities
to serve the needy, tutoring classes, scholastic materials, vocational training
and English courses. The center staff will also provide evangelism and child
development training for the parents or guardians of your sponsored child.



At Compassion we take financial integrity and stewardship very seriously. If
you would like an additional understanding of how we deal with financial
stewardship and exactly where each dollar is going, please visit: 
http://www.compassion.com/about/financial.htm Approximately 80% (sometimes it is more than this) of the $38 you send every month goes towards the programming listed above. The remaining 20% is used for administration and marketing costs.



If you would like to send an additional gift towards purchasing a cow, you are
more than welcome to do so. 100% of all child and family gifts go towards your
child and his or her family. The cost of a cow in Rwanda is roughly $324 to $568 USD. To send a gift, please log into the "My Account" section of www.compassion.com and visit the "Additional Giving" tab. You will then be able to choose the amount that you would like to send using the appropriate drop down. In the "Check out" you may place the special instruction that you would like this gift to be used for a cow. Your 
recommendation will be given priority consideration, but it is ultimately the
decision of your child and his family how the
gift will be used. 

(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.